Republic Day 2022: According to sources, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 24,000 people would be allowed to join the Republic Day parade in Delhi this year. This year’s Republic Day parade will start half an hour later than usual, according to the Defense Ministry.
The 26th of January is also a significant date in the history of India’s independence struggle. The Indian National Congress attacked colonial rule on this day in 1930 and hailed the resolution of “Purna Swaraj”, or total freedom.
List of India Republic Day Quotes
- “I feel that the constitution is workable, it is flexible, and it is strong enough to hold the country together both in peacetime and in wartime. Indeed, if I may say so, if things go wrong under the new Constitution, the reason will not be that we had a bad Constitution. What we will have to say is that Man was vile.” – B.R. Ambedkar
- “Give me blood; I will give you freedom.” – Subhas Chandra Bose
- “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “This republic was not established by cowards, and cowards will not preserve it.”- Elmer Davis
- “A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race” – Sarojini Naidu
- “On what rests the hope of the republic? One country, one language, one flag!” – Alexander Henry
- “In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it.” – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- “For not only every democracy but certainly every republic, bears within itself the seeds of its own destruction.” – Robert W. Welch, Jr.
- “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it” – George Bernard Shaw